Nishi’s Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup amaranth flour
½ cup potato starch
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 ½ sticks butter, room temp or soft
1 cup granulated brown sugar
½ cup sugar
(Note: you can try substituting 1 cup coconut sugar if you don’t want to use regular sugar, and leave out the other ½ cup sugar)
As many chocolate chips as you want (1 ½ cups)
A little more than 1 tsp vanilla extract
Large pinch of ginger powder
A few large shakes of nutmeg
A few large shakes of cinnamon
(Note: the spices add to the flavor without overpowering the cookie, due to the amaranth flour)
1. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
2. In another bowl, cream butter and sugars until combined. Add egg and vanilla.
3. Add flour mix and spices. Mix until smooth. Gradually add chocolate chips.
4. Scoop balls into as big as you want them to be (smaller for small cookies, larger for large cookies), then roll and place on prepared cookie sheet, spacing them because they will spread. Freeze for twenty minutes and preheat oven to 375.
5. Place cold cookies into oven and bake until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.